For many couples who are excited to start a family, a positive sign on the pregnancy test is almost as good as – or maybe even better than – a winning lottery ticket. And just like winning the lottery, you want to tell your family, your friends, and the whole world about your pregnancy!
Getting pregnant, especially if it is your first time, can feel overwhelming. You may not know where to begin! After all, so many changes are happening in your body now and you are beginning to grow your little person inside you.
It is totally possible and normal to want to keep the news to yourself. You may want to tell your partner, though, if you haven’t yet. You will be going through this moment together, so it’s best to let them know right away.
But for the rest, including your family and close friends, it’s completely alright to wait. While some people are okay with announcing the pregnancy on the get go, some are more comfortable waiting until a doctor confirms the pregnancy. Some even wait until the second trimester when the risk of a miscarriage is lower.
Ready to Make the Announcement?
You can make your pregnancy announcement whenever you are comfortable. Before you come to this point, you don’t have to spill the beans even if other people are pressuring you to do so. Your pregnancy, your rules.
Now, as soon as you are finally ready to tell the world about the wonderful news, it’s time to figure out how you are going to announce the pregnancy.
Before letting everyone know, it is best to personally share the news to both of your families. If this is not possible, call them up and let them know. They may feel hurt and unimportant if they find out about your pregnancy along with everyone else. This also applies to your closest friends.
There are a million ways to celebrate your pregnancy! Being on social media means you can simply post one photo to make the announcement instead of individually informing people you know.
There are also a lot of ways to create a pregnancy announcement photo. We have gathered thirty pregnancy announcement ideas that are both sweet and elegant. You will no doubt find one that suits your style!
30 Delightful Pregnancy Announcement Ideas
There is no one way to announce your pregnancy. You may put together a pretty layout of your sonogram and a message board with a lovely message written on it. You may also get your partner, your children, and even your pets to join. You may even want to announce the pregnancy with a funny quote.
Whatever it is, we probably have a pregnancy announcement idea that you will love.
1. This is a smart idea for first-time moms and dads – just switch seasons!
2. Calendar-style pregnancy announcements are adorable and fool-proof.
3. The game begins for player number three.
4. Goodbye 8 hours of sleep, hello unlimited cuddles!
5. There is no sweeter feeling than this.
6. Funny pregnancy announcements can also be endearing.
7. Is there anything more precious than babies and pets?
8. Nope, you’re the big sister now!
9. With the cutest furry siblings and football!
10. Admit it: you totally sang.
11. There isn’t any shortage of sentiments in this announcement.
12. Clever and witty, this is a great idea that is simple to execute!
13. Guess who’s ready to be a big brother?
14. Because a child can never have too many books.
15. It’s the perfect Christmas gift, isn’t it?
16. Your baby’s first picture completes any pregnancy announcement.
17. Pregnancy is exhausting and fulfilling.
18. Isn’t spring a great metaphor for pregnancy?
19. 1 + 1 = 3
20. Put your message board to good use by adding a catchy song!
21. Hello there, baby bear!
22. Make the announcement more lovable with your big little one’s tiny feet.
23. It is definitely official!
24. Make big sis feel special by setting this announcement up just for her.
25. All lovely things, all good things!
26. When everything is ready for the little one, let the world know.
27. We think we have found the recipe for happiness.
28. Simple, straight, and sweet – the perfect announcement.
29. Because a pregnancy calls for a celebration!
30. In the end, it’s you and the baby who matter
Which classy pregnancy announcement are you going to use?